About to undergo a cosmetic procedure at Helton Skin and Laser Institute? Having questions about a specific topic? Below is a list of links to patient resources pages that may provide some help.
You are welcome to discuss any additional questions or concerns you may have regarding a specific procedure when you come for your appointment at Helton Skin & Laser Institute.
- Dr. Helton’s Sun Tips: a quick and easy reminder of a few simple steps to safely enjoy the sun without putting yourself at risk.
- Useful winter skin care tips for all skin types.
- The Sun and your Skin, written by the American Academy of Dermatology is a comprehensive source of information about sunscreens; it includes facts and myths about sunscreen, as well as the consequences of uncontrolled sun exposure.
- Actinic Keratoses: A newsletter from the American Academy of Dermatology describing the symptoms and explaining how early diagnosis and treatment can make a difference.
- Facts and Statistics – Skin Cancer Awareness Foundation site on skin cancer causes, risk factors, symptoms and treatments.
Medication Precautions: a list of medications to avoid if you are about to undergo lip enhancement with Restylane or any other fillers.
Post-Sclerotherapy checklist: what to do after your treatment.
TCA Peels pre-care and post-care recommendations.
IPL post-treatment recommendations.