Laser Hair Removal
LightSheer™ by Coherent laser hair removal: for more information on this revolutionary laser and its treatment process, please call our office for a FREE informative consultation with our laser expert.
Laser Hair Removal Consultation
- Hair should be shaved 1-2 days prior to treatment. The whole area will be treated.
- Numbing cream is optional, but advisable. You may purchase your own jar. The cream will be applied at least 20 minutes prior to treatment. We also have a ‘cold air’ machine that makes the treatment more tolerable. Most people describe the treatment as ‘snappy’.
- Expect at least 5 treatments to get to ‘permanent hair reduction’. This means 85-90-% of the hair will be gone. You will still see some scattered hairs, but they will be very fine and grow very slowly. After you have completed 4 treatments at full or package price you will go onto our ‘maintenance’ treatment option. This is $50 for 15 minutes of treatment, any time you would like.
- It is our responsibility to treat you safely and effectively, but it is your responsibility to avoid the sun in the treated areas as much as possible, and to wear an SPF of 30 or greater. If you do get a significant amount of sun in the treated area, let the office know and we will schedule your next treatment 3 weeks from the sun exposure. This is for your safety and the appearance of your skin. Treating freshly tanned skin can result in hyper or hypo pigmentation later. The majority of our clients love the results of this treatment so much that staying out of the sun is not a problem for them.
- The treatment schedules are every 4-6 weeks for areas above the collar bone, and every 6-8 weeks below the collar bone. The treatment times coincide with hair growth cycles.
- Typical post treatment appearance of the skin is that it will be slightly pink for one to two days and depending on the coarseness of the hair it the treated area, there may be red bumps for one or two days. You may also feel slightly itchy. Use of an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream or aloe vera gel will alleviate this.
With so many different types of laser systems available today for the removal or reduction of unwanted hair, making a decision on which one to choose can be difficult and frustrating. Taking into considerations the major concerns of safety and effectiveness, there are four key factors which make LightSheer™ our first choice for laser hair removal.
1- FDA Approved for Permanent Laser Hair Reduction. This is perhaps one of the most important and reassuring factors for this laser. With FDA approval for permanent Laser Hair Reduction, we no longer have to guess if the treatments really work, because through extensive case studies and documentation, Coherent Medical has proven to the FDA that the LightSheer™ Diode Laser does in fact give a permanent result.
2- Patented Chill Tip™. The ChillTip™ is a patented cooling lens designed for, and exclusively by LightSheer™. During treatment, this lens is pressed directly against the skin allowing a larger amount of energy to be focused through the skin and into the hair. This lens makes treatments safer and more comfortable by helping to prevent burns associated with other laser or “non-laser” light systems.
3- Wavelength 810nm. Among other things, the laser wavelength is what determines what colors will be attracted to the light emitted by the laser. The 810nm wavelength is ideal for passing through light skin and being absorbed into darker pigmented hair. Even more effective than 1064nm. The advanced technology of this laser even has a setting designed to lengthen the pulse duration of the laser beam, making it safer and more effective to use on some darker skinned people.
4- Compression Factor. Unlike other laser or “non-laser” hair removal systems that pulse or flash light onto the skin from a few centimeters away, LightSheer™ ChillTip™ is pressed directly onto the skin while the laser pulses. In addition to allowing more energy to be delivered through the skin (as opposed to bouncing away) while it cools to prevent burns and make treatments more comfortable, the “pressing down” onto the skin makes it easier for the hairs to absorb the laser energy and be destroyed because there is more surface area exposed.
Because the LightSheer™ diode laser is so safe and effective, it can be used to treat almost any area of the body including, but not limited to:
- Upper lip